Thursday, April 4, 2013

First Class Drunk-Day 1 San Francisco

My greatest dream was to share all the amazing photos I took during the first 24 hours of my trip. I had a nightmare last night that my computer was resending the same blog over and over. My premonition turned to reality when I attempted to upload photos from my camera this morning. It was a cluster fuck. After talking with my computer guy, I had to accept the fact that I am a technology challenged adult and that I want to defecate on my Chromebook. Picture that with your dirty little mind. So, alas, no pics today but I'm working on the problem as we speak. By working,  I mean that sitting at a baseball game drinking an 8 dollar beer. That's how I solve problems.

Day 1 found me being initiated to airline first class service. I drank wine before we took off and was offered a basket full of snackies. I felt bad for the low life assholes in coach...but not bad enough to share my bounty. The flight attendant called me Mrs Brasher and its possible she thought that I belonged in that first class seat. It was a fluke. We upgraded with air miles and I felt completely out of place when I noticed how many dudes in first class wear tasseled loafers.  What matters is that you can have more than one free glass of wine, you only share the bathroom with 8 other uppity assholes and the seats in first class are fucking comfortable.
Once we arrived in San Fran, we were back to being peasants and proceeded to take the subway to our hotel. Oh wait, I mean we took it to the closest station which meant hiking 12 blocks uphill with 2 overstuffed backpacks and a roller bag. I lost my shit and took a tone with my husband that he didn't appreciate. I was told to change my attitude or risk the silent treatment.
After stomping up to our room, we took a walk to China Town for some grub and happened upon a dive where we were the only out of towners. I take that as a sign from God that we had struck taste bud gold. We had. The pan fried noodles and orange chicken did not disappoint.
We closed out our first day at a dive bar kiddie corner to our hotel where they kept my secret lover on tap. Guinness and I had a make out session for a couple hours while we reconnected with an old friend in town for work. On my smoke break, I smelled a joint. Welcome to California.

No comments:

Post a Comment