Tuesday, October 1, 2013

What I'm Up To This Month

Image courtesy of dc.about.com


Favorite month!!!! We all know what makes October amazing, but let's review. Pumpkin Spice lattes at Starbucks, pumpkin loaf, pumpkin muffins, pumpkins, cool weather, hoodies, boots, boots with leg warmers, sweater dresses, my birthday, candy, caramel apples, trick or treating, carving pumpkins, leaves, photo ops, my birthday, pumpkin rolls, soup in the crock pot and, let's not forget, my birthday. I don't think I mentioned that.

This month is especially exciting because I have decided to put all other projects on the back burner and write. Not for other blogs, not a ton for this blog, but for my book. I am making it my job this month and I am super excited and completely mortified. I have about 17,000 words so far and my goal is 80,000, so I have some work to do. There is a lengthy list in my phone of ideas for stories and the longer it gets, the more overwhelmed I feel. Will I get published? Will I make money? I don't know. That is my hope, my dream. It's what drives me and depresses me. It's what I long for and fear. I am tackling it this month. My intention is to finish my rough draft and be ready to do my first edit in November, find a book whore (thanks for that recommendation, Robin) to edit it again and find out if there is a place for me in this industry. I don't yet know how to get there, but I am determined to learn.

So, there will be blog posts on here. I don't know when or what about, but they will be here. It is a daunting road I am embarking on and I am sure there will be days that I can't go any farther. Thank goodness you will be here to shove me off the cliff, to remind me to keep going. I need that. You should keep going, too. Whether it is photography, painting, starting your own business, staying home with your kiddos, or pursuing a great relationship, begin this month. Make a plan and live your dream. I would love to walk this scary path with you, my friends.

If you haven't yet, check out my most recent post on mythirtyspot.
http://www.mythirtyspot.com/2013/09/an-interview-of-lifetime-sitting-down.html

No comments:

Post a Comment