Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sunday Special

This will be the first of many installments that doesn't include an entire page of hilarious blogging. I am going to give you some great recipes along with pictures and other nifty things that keep me busy. Today I am sharing my favorite Chile Verde recipe. I wish I knew where I picked up the beginnings of this recipe, but I don't know who gets credit and I am sorry about that. I have added my own touches and it is by far the best Chile Verde I have ever eaten.
We love to use the raw tortillas from Costco and black beans inside the burritos instead of refried beans. I get my pork roast in a four pack from Costco as well, it is very lean pork roast and perfect for this recipe.


Crock Pot Chile Verde

1 pork roast or pork shoulder
2 bottles of green salsa (I use the Herdez brand)
1 small can of green chilies
1 small can of chopped jalapenos (I go Medium so the kids can eat, but you decide)
1 can diced tomatoes
Salt and Pepper
Garlic powder (I don't measure, but sprinkle a bit all over the roast)
Place roast in crock pot and season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pour all other ingredients over the roast, put on the lid and let that baby simmer for 4-6 hours. An hour before you want to eat, take the roast out and place it  on a cutting board. Shred the meat and  put it back in the crock pot. Let simmer another hour and then serve and enjoy.

I love this recipe because it is easy and delicious. I double my batch because it is even better for lunch the next day.
Today, I am making this to share with my bio dad, my grandma and a couple of my siblings. My bio dad had us over for Chile Verde a couple weeks back and today my recipe will go head to head with the recipe he used which he procured from a Hispanic lady whom he accosted at the grocery store. His was yummy but I have faith that my easy crock pot Chile Verde will win by a landslide.
Have a wonderful Sunday and I hope you stay Busy and Happy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment