Monday, April 15, 2013

My Stand

When horrible things happen, it is easy to lose focus and forget the millions of beautiful moments that occur every minute of every day. There is very little news coverage of all the people in the world loving their children, caring for animals, feeding the hungry and putting their lives on the line to keep us safe. In my heart, I know these people outnumber the evil that seems to garner so much attention. I was so busy enjoying the scenery at Central Park and time with my husband, that I didn't hear of all the news coverage until much later. What I saw was heart wrenching and it wouldn't stop. The photos, the guessing, and the thought that evil reigns supreme.

I will share with you my truth and let you take from it what you will. Perhaps you agree, perhaps you do not. I have a lot of fun in this blog picking apart society and sharing with you things that make me laugh or drive me bonkers. For someone who does not know me on a personal level, it may seem that I am callous or so judgmental that I can't see past the end of my own arm. The truth is, I find humor in life because it helps me cope with the tragedy. Like most people, I have lived through many painful life experiences. From having an absent father, being bullied in school and sexually assaulted at work to losing loved ones to cancer and being alive during many tragic world events. I am not blind to pain and suffering. I don't choose to look the other way or pretend it isn't happening. What I choose to do is see the love. I don't watch the news because it takes time away being at the dinner table with my children. I don't dwell on wars because that takes time away from laughing with my husband. I don't read the newspaper because I wouldn't have time to write this blog or drink coffee on my front porch. I make choices that are in line with my beliefs and move me forward. I don't live in fear, I live in love.

My truth is that the majority of humans on this planet are good. I find love and compassion in my world every day. I choose to spend my time raising amazing children whom I hope one day will become loving and compassionate adults. I love my neighbors and volunteer at my kid's school.  I am a stand for peace, love and compassion in my life and in my community. I share that with you because I believe that is how we can all take a stand against the fear and hate we see in the world. Be a stand for peace in your life. Share that with others. My prayers are with all of those involved in the events that occurred in Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment