Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How about I Charge You For Pissing Me Off?

I knew there was a more than one reason I don't shop at Toys R Us on a regular basis...I used to think it was just the because everything is overpriced. No, I realize now that there are a few reasons to steer clear of this childhood hoarding opportunity.
Reason 1: I was only there for 45 minutes and encountered more employees than customers. Oh..so thats why your toys cost 40% more. When you have enough time to have a pow wow in the Playdough aisle, you may be a little overstaffed.
Reason 2: Did not see posted on price of bike "Price listed here is no where close to what you will pay at the register". Apparently they can charge you 10 bucks extra to put the bike together...even when they really don't put it together. They give you the floor model and laugh all the way to the bank. Bastards.
Reason 3: There is no such thing as a quick trip into Toys R Us with children. It's as overwhelming to their senses as Forever 21 is to mine. Where to start? What to grab? How long to cry to get what I want? Then just wander aimlessly for two hours and not know how to spend my small gank of cash.
Once a year I get to remember why I avoid this place at all costs....because, friends, the cost is pretty fucking high.

No comments:

Post a Comment