Wednesday, May 26, 2010

You Like My OCD....Just Admit It.

Here is a little sampling of what happens when I freely give up control of situations that I instinctively know I should control. We had an incident with our cat peeing in our office, had it professionally cleaned and the carpet has remained wet for a few days. I put a fan on it a couple days ago and informed my husband to rotate it as needed but not put anything on it until completely dry. Then I left it to be handled and observed by a grown person who I convinced myself could take care of the this minor detail. Instead of doing what I want and having an OCD moment for the last week, I let go. Now, I come home today and ask how the carpet is. I get the update that it is still wet and smelly. Okay. I go downstairs to do some laundry and find our good towels that I just washed in the washer again. Hmmm...I wonder to myself, why the fuck are clean towels in the washer again? Well, letting go of control led my husband to think that using our good towels to sop up the wet floor that had cat urine on it and then just rewashing them was the best possible solution. So what your telling me is that the cat pee smell we can't get out of the carpet is now on the towel I use to wipe my face? Really? That seemed like the best possible idea? So the moral to the story is....please stop telling me I am a control freak because we all know that when I let you make your own choices, very bad things happen. Like towels that smell like a litter box.

No comments:

Post a Comment